- To provide a learning environment that enables staff and students to become successful users of information and diverse resources.
- To support the curriculum and mission of East Hartford High School.
- To provide access to current and appropriate materials for the purposes of researching, studying or pleasure reading.
- To promote the love of reading
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
In order to respect the rights of all library users and maintain a space for active research, quiet study and browsing, please observe the following:
- Students must have a library pass signed by a teacher to visit the library
- Students must sign in at the front circulation desk when they arrive and turn in their passes.
- Four students to a table
- No food or open drink containers
- Each student is responsible for borrowed library materials checked out under their account and should return borrowed materials by the required due date or receive a small fine.
- Accountabilites will be issued for materials not returned, lost or damaged.
- Students have access to two copiers to print research or assignment work. Students should ask for assistance with the copiers when needed.
- Students are expected to sign into the computers with their school account and sign out when done. Students must follow the acceptable use policy for technology; downloading of games or software will violate the policy.
- All school rules apply.
Academic success for all students is the library media center's top priority. If a student is not working productively or using his/her time in the library for research, school work or study, s/he will be sent back to class or lunch. In addition, a violation of established LMC policies may result in further removal from using the library for a period of time.