General Education Development (GED®)
East Hartford Adult & Continuing Education
To enroll in the GED® preparation program, an adult must
- Take the CASAS Appraisal Tests in Math, Reading and Writing
- Attain Recommended Scores:
- Math - 230
- Reading - 236
- Bring a Photo ID
- Must be SEVENTEEN years old to enroll for GED® preparation classes. Will be eligible to take the GED® test when they are have been withdrawn from high school for six months or their freshman class has graduated.
Every Fall and Spring, we offer free morning and evening GED® preparation classes. See the Website for exact start dates. Classes run for 11 weeks.
- Morning - New Covenant United Methodist Church, 16 Church St., East Hartford CT 06108
- Afternoon - Early Childhood Learning Center, Hockanum School, 191 Main St., East Hartford CT 06108
- Evening - East Hartford High School, 869 Forbes Street, East Hartford CT 06118
Once you have enrolled in our GED® Prep Classes, ask about the ONLINE GED® prep program through CT Virtual High School. This will allow you to practice skills at home. The ONLINE GED®Prep Program provides extra practice on skills.
When you are ready to take the GED® Test, you can register in the Adult Education Office at East Hartford High School, 869 Forbes Street, East Hartford 06118.