Closings, Delays, and emergency information
At times, schools may close early due to a sudden change in the weather or other emergency. For up-to-date information regarding all schools during inclement weather, please call the Board of Education “HOTLINE” at 622-5131 and/or check the district’s website at www.easthartford.org. In addition to the School Messenger Service, the stations listed below will provide all closing information.
Announcements of delayed openings or school cancelations begin around 5:30 A.M. and will be broadcast over the following stations:
School Messenger System
East Hartford Public Schools use the School Messenger System to notify parents, guardians, and/or the designated student emergency contact, of pertinent information regarding your student and school. The district uses this notification system for the following:
- Daily notification of student absence
- Delayed school openings
- Early dismissals due to weather or school emergencies
- School or district surveys
- Notification of upcoming school or district events
- Other unforeseen emergencies or circumstances
It is crucial that all emergency numbers are kept up to date to ensure that parents, guardians and/or emergency contacts receive this important message.
Emergency School Closing
In the event of an early closing, please make arrangements for your child until you are able to reach home.
In the event of inclement weather or other circumstances, the Superintendent may elect to delay the opening of school. All delayed openings will be a 2-hour delay.
Also, when a 2-hour delayed opening occurs, please be aware of the following:
- All grades will follow their regular dismissal schedules
- Breakfast will not be served at school
- There will be no morning ESL classes
- There will be no morning IDEA program
Should a delayed opening occur during parent conference week, all parent conferences are canceled for that day. As a result, students will remain on the full day schedule. (For example, Langford School, during conference week, will have a shortened student day schedule [8:45 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.] If a delayed opening occurs during conference week, the student day will end at their normal full day scheduled time which is 3:20 p.m.)
Early release days
- Inclement Weather Information - English Version Radio Stations and Television Channels
- Inclement Weather Information - Spanish Version Radio Stations and Television Channels