Anna E. Norris Elementary School was first constructed in 1956 and named after the much beloved school teacher, Anna E. Norris. As the population in East Hartford grew, four more classrooms were added to the north side of the original building in 1960. In 1992, a new peaked roof was added over the original flat roof to give it its present appearance. The school houses students in kindergarten through grade five. In September of 1996, a new 6-room addition plus gymnasium and media center was completed.