The Head of Building Operations- East Hartford High School and CIBA role will encompass all facilities management aspects of an almost 450,000 square foot campus with 25 Department of Facilities employees. This newly-created position is intended to increase the level of service delivery to the building occupants and bring a strong technical knowledge of building infrastructure and systems to our flagship campus.
This multi-faceted position is responsible for managing all daily cleaning, maintenance, security, and building operations activities throughout the campus. Candidates must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve a wide variety of building issues and apply efficient solutions utilizing both in-house and contractor resources. A desire to constantly drive operational improvement and facilitate projects that renew building infrastructure is paramount to success within the organization.
Use the link below to view a full job description and apply for the position:
Department of Facilities
Our VISION is to create high quality and inspirational educational environments for our community.
Our MISSION is to continually improve the facilities we manage by deploying resources in a well-planned and efficient manner to maximize value to those we serve.
The Department of Facilities manages a portfolio of (18) buildings totaling over 1.3 million square feet on (205) acres of land with a team of of Custodians, Building Maintainers, Security Officers, Tradesman, and a large network of contractors. Three Managers run the operational divisions of Custodial (Eric Krauch), Maintenance (Dan Ford) and Security (Mike Moan), with overall guidance and management provided by the Director of Facilities, Ben Whittaker. Executive Secretary Sheryl Stevenson and Secretary Cheryl Nadeau provide administrative support and keep the office running smoothly.
The core functions of the Department include:
- Daily cleaning, maintenance, and repair
- 24/7 response to building maintenance emergencies
- Identifying building issues and potential improvements
- Creation and analysis of yearly Operating Budgets
- Managing building systems to provide optimal comfort and performance
- Engineering and planning solutions and upgrades
- Daily security guard services
- Creation and ongoing improvement of School Specific All-Hazard Plans
- Planning and executing Crisis Response Drills
- Engaging and managing vendors and contractors
- Managing government required environmental programs
- Assessing, planning, budgeting, and managing Capital Improvement Projects
We strive to exceed the expectations of the community, and welcome feedback that will help us improve our service delivery. E-mail or call 860-622-5950 to speak to one of our staff.