Gifted and Talented Program
EHPS Gifted and Talented Vision
The East Hartford Public Schools’ Gifted and Talented Program is committed to delivering an individualized program that further promotes the exceptionalities of children who demonstrate evidence of higher performance capability in academics and/or the arts than their same age peers.
According to the CT Gifted and Talented Laws, students should be identified based on their performance on multiple, relevant standardized measures.
East Hartford Public School’s children are identified through the use of:
- Teacher input
- STAR Reading and/or Mathematics top 5%
- Smarter Balanced scores of a 4 in Reading and/or Mathematics
- Otis-Lennon School Ability Test (OLSAT) top 75%
- Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test (KBIT2) score of 130 or higher
A composite of all measures is used to identify gifted students who show extraordinary learning abilities.
- Grade 4/5: Services provided across schools
- Grade 6-8: Identified students select Honors Team or IB
- Grades 9-12: Identified students select A/P, IB or Music/Arts Program Options
- Ellen Delgado: Elementary Instructional Specialist for Literacy
- Tim DeMarco: Elementary Instructional Specialist for Social Studies
- Jaime Pitkin: Elementary Instructional Specialist for Mathematics
- Jillian Romann: Elementary Instructional Specialist for Science
Please direct any questions to:
Supervisor of Professional Development, Program Improvement and Gifted & Talented