Head Coach: Mr. AJ Laplant
Assistant Coach: Ray Campbell
Tryouts will begin on Monday, March 19th at 2:45pm. Athletes should meet in the cafeteria.
Throughout the season practices will be 3:00-5:15pm on the track
East Hartford High Girl’s School Track & Field 2018
Policies: In addition to all EHHS Athletic Department Polices, members of the track team are expected to follow the following guidelines:
- Practice is held Monday through Friday with a few Saturday practices. Student Athletes and parents will receive a schedule at the beginning of the season.
- Practice begins promptly at 3:00 pm and is over around 5:15pm. There is a 5:50 late bus.
- If you are going to be late, miss, or leave a practice early it is your responsibility to give a note to your head Coach, Girls: Coach LaPlant (room 250) by 2 pm that school day. Not communicating with the coaches will result in a consequence. It is your responsibility to communicate with your coach and make arrangements.
- If you come to practice late, you must have a pass.
- Routine doctor/dentist appointments should be scheduled around practice time when possible. During the Outdoor season Wednesday is the best day to schedule these appointments if a day of practice must be missed.
- Visits to the trainer need to be made prior to practice.
- Coaches are not allowed to drive students home from practice and/or meets. Carpooling with teammates is encouraged.
- Only students associated with East Hartford Track and Field will be permitted at practice.
- Athletes that miss practice the day before a meet will not compete in that meet.
- Students will travel to and from track meets on the bus with the team.
- Students who commit to the track team are expected to choose scheduled team events over other activities including but not limited to AAU, Class Activities, etc. Choosing to skip a track meet for another event may result in the loss of varsity seeding or relay a position during the next meet.
- Students will stay to the end of every meet, unless discussed with their coaches before the competition.
- Students will not be allowed to compete if they do not attend school that day. Please be aware that if a student is absent on a Friday, they can not compete Sat.
- Qualifying for an Invitational, Class, State, or New England National meet does not mean you will be entered to compete. Athletes are expected to make choices that are in the best interest of the team as a whole. The coaching staff may elect to hold an athlete out of competition for violation of team, school or Athletic Department policies.
- Equipment is to be used for the intended purpose ONLY.
- Equipment or facilities should not be used without adult supervision.
- Be aware of all throwing sectors. Do not walk through sectors during meets or practices.
- NEVER turn your back to a throwing sector. If you are hit, it is your own fault.
- When running off campus you must be in a group of 3 or more, or have a cell phone with you for emergencies.
- When running on sidewalks, please do not enter the road for any reason.
- When crossing the road, look both ways and watch for vehicles.