- Daniel Rios wins Synergy's January staff spotlight award.
- On January 15th, Eric Boehm visited Synergy teachers to talk about strategies to increase student engagement. As part of this process, he observed all Synergy teachers and offered feedback to the group at the conclusion of the day.
- On January 15th, Lisa Simone attended a district PBIS meeting where she presented a portion of a de-escalation PD.
- On January 29th, Synergy staff spent the afternoon at Goodwin College learning about their Human Service careers. This visit included a stop at the Manufacturing site.
- Mid-term exams occured from January 20-January 27th.
- Nathaly Maldonado and Suzanne Vachon receive news that their grant proposal was accepted and that Synergy will be receiving a $2500 grant.
- Sixteen new students began Synergy during the week of January 26th.
- Ten students participated in the Adventure's Plus program on January 30th. Superintendent Quesnel visited this session.
- Marilyn Pet, East Hartford Board of Education Member, visited Synergy and had lunch with two students on January 14th.
- Jordan Coe (Shop Rite) visited Synergy to discuss strategies to land a job.
- Synergy's winter student achievement meeting was held on January 16th. STAR math and English growth was discussed alongside other key data points. Big takeaways: Synergy students are making huge strides in argumentative writing, feel connected to an average of over ten adults across our school, and continue to make positive strides on career readiness.
- Synergy Principal, Craig Outhouse, atttended a Career Track/Employer Advisory meeting at Capital Workforce Partners (CWP).
- Winter STAR testing was held in mid-December.
- Principal Craig Outhouse attended LEAD leadership conference on January 22nd.
- Deirdre Stolte (Bakery on Main) visited Synergy to discuss strategies for standing out in job interviews