- Edgardo Figueroa was named Synergy staff Spotlight winner for September. Mr. Figueroa was selected for his efforts with the Career Readiness Inventory (CRI).
- Marci Mullady, Lisa Simone, and Craig Outhouse had a Professional Development (PD) proposal accepted by the district PD committee.
- Yohann Hanley was hired as Interventionist at Synergy.
- Edgardo Figueroa and Craig Outhouse attended a Manufacturing Event at Goodwin College on September 16th, 2014, featuring Leo Reddy, CEO of MSSC.
- Principal Outhouse was invited to speak at SERC regarding successful school turnaround efforts in alternative education.
- Jean Riley began regular weekly visits at East Hartford High School (EHHS) to meet with prospective Synergy students.
- Eight students were selected to attend college classes at Asnuntuck Community College (ACC).
- As a reward for excellent behavior and attendance, eight students attended a field trip to United Steel (to celebrate Steel Day).
- First Synergy Advisory meeting held on September 3rd.
- Synergy began a partnership with Circle of Life: Arts For All, Inc.
- An academic walkthrough at Synergy occured this month lead by Assistant Superintendent, Anne Marie Mancini. The results of this walkthrough immediately impacted the work at Synergy in a positive way.