INTERNATIONAL MINDEDNESS IN THE IB
Education for international-mindedness values the world as the broadest context for learning develops conceptual understanding across a range of subjects and offers opportunities to inquire, act and reflect.
Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by
demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat,
worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if
we try and understand each other, we may even
CIBA GOAL: all students will participate in at least one meaningful, authentic international experience before they graduate from CIBA.
STUDENT EXCHANGE PARTNERS WITH CIBA
All CIBA exchange partners are vetted and approved by the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET) CSIET works with the U.S. Departments of State and Education to ensure safe, quality experiences for students engaged in these educational exchanges. All of our partners are not-for-profit organizations.
SUMMER, SEMESTER OR YEAR-LONG ACADEMIC EXCHANGES:
For students ages 15-19:
- AYUSA http://www.ayusa.org/
- Laurasian Institution www.laurasian.org
* Scholarships for students whose families have hosted through the program
VIRTUAL, PROJECT OR CLASS-BASED CONNECTIONS
- iEARN http://www.us.iearn.org/
- ePals http://www.epals.com/
U.S. GOVERNMENT SPONSORED OPPORTUNITIES WITH SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING
- NSLI for Youth Scholarships to Study Language Abroad
- U.S. Department of State Youth Programs
OTHER PROGRAMS THAT SOMETIMES OFFER SHORTER_TERM EXCHANGE OR FIELD STUDY OPPORTUNITIES WITH SCHOLARSHIPS
- East-West Center – AsiaPacificEd Crossings
- Partners of The Americas http://www.partners.net/partners/American_Youth_Leadership_Program.asp