High School Athletic Eligibility Requirements
The CIAC Staff has developed an informational tool for schools to use in educating student athletes and parents on maintaining eligibility for high school athletics. The "Don't Be Left Out of the Game" brochure click here
Students interested in participating in high school athletics in the 2013-2014 school year should familiarize themselves with the following general regulations: academic and attendance requirements and athletic policies. These specifications are outlined below:
To be eligible for tryouts, practice, or participation in interscholastic athletic contests, a player must meet all Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) and East Hartford Public School System (EHPS) eligibility requirements and policies:
- May not participate if he/she becomes 20 years of age during the season.
- EHPS requires the student athlete to be present at least four (4) periods in order to participate in activities or practices.
- Please use the link below for specific academic requirements.
Must participate at the school to which he or she is assigned by the board of education based on the resident of the parent or legal custodian within the administrative unit. Students from alternative schools (i.e. Magnet, Synergy, etc.) may participate for East Hartford Athletic programs if they are a resident of the town.
- Must receive a medical examination once every 365 days by a licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or licensed professional. (Click here for a student medical examination form)
- Must have a completed 'Parent Permission' form for each season of participation. (Click here for Parent Permission page one & page two) May not participate at the high school level for more than four seasons in that sport (one season per year) and cannot participate for a period lasting longer than eight consecutive semesters upon entry into grade nine.