Head Coach: Ed Lavoie
JV Coach: Tom Fitzgerald
Freshmen Coach: Jevon Williams
Saturday, December 2nd- 10:30am-11:30am (arrive 15 mins early to sign in)
Sunday, December 3rd- 1pm-2pm
Monday, December 4th- 2:30-3:45 (cuts made at the end of practice)
East Hartford Basketball
The East Hartford Boys Basketball is an elite athletic program that has the highest standards of excellence for our student athletes both on and off the court. Team members must abide by ALL school rules (refer to the Student/ Parent Handbook) and CIAC rules pertaining to athletics, as well as rules established by the coaching staff. EH Athletic guidelines and team guidelines will be enforced, if rules are violated.
East Hartford Boys Basketball Team Expectations:
- Players will be leaders in the school and in the East Hartford community.
- Players will attend all classes and maintain good academic standings throughout the season.
- Players will strive to do their “best” on and off the court.
- Players will always demonstrate outstanding sportsmanship.
- Players will respect their teammates, coaches or referees.
- Players will take care of their health and be prepared for practice and games.
- Players will attend all practices, games and team meetings.
- We have an “open door” policy in terms of communication with my players and encourage you to use it.
Practice and Game Attendance:
- It is expected that all members of the team will attend practice or games 6 days a week. We will practice and play games during vacations as well. It is expected that you are 100% committed to the team.
- If you are going to miss or be late for a practice or game, you must contact your coach.
- Missing a practice or game-There are legitimate reasons including illness, funeral and academic obligations. Work is not an excuse for missing a practice or game.
- If you should miss a practice or game without a valid reason:
- 1st offense - additional conditioning
- 2nd offense - loss of playing time
3rd offense - Suspension for one game or more
- 4th offense - might result in dismissal from the team & the return of all EHHS basketball apparel.
Practice and Game Expectations:
- Players will be on time to all games and practices. Being late is inexcusable.
- Players will wear practice gear to practice and no jewelry will be worn at practice or in games.
- Players will tell the coaching staff immediately, if they are sick or hurt.
- Players must stretch and be ready for games or practice at the designated time prior to.
- Players must be on time for the team bus. If you are not on time, the bus will leave without you.
- Players will always hustle on and off the court. No Excuses
Your signature indicates that you have read and understand the East Hartford Boys Basketball Team rules and expectations. Any questions or concerns throughout the season, feel free to contact one of us to set up a meeting and we will be pleased to address your concern at that time. We look forward to the opportunity to work with your son and experience we will enjoy together throughout the season. Our goal is to help him grow on the court and in life along with helping him reach his personal goals.
Ed Lavoie, Tom Fitzgerald, & Jevon Williams
East Hartford Boys Basketball Coaches
Basketball is an opportunity for future success.
Student Athlete Signature: ___________________________ Parent Signature: ______________________________